International Cosplay Day Singapore 2012Sally
The Neo Tokyo Project is proud to present International Cosplay Day Singapore, a proprietary fan-driven convention that celebrates cosplay and pop-culture diversity.
Held on the last weekend of August each year, this event aims to bring together the best Eastern and Western pop-culture elements, as well as to expose Singapore, traditionally rooted in Eastern fandom, to a plethora of the best cosplay celebrities and guests that America and Europe has to offer.
This year, we’re pleased to welcome Ms. Yaya Han and Ms. Jerry Polence from America as our guests-of-honor and judges for our cosplay competition. Mr. Jay Tablante and the cast of COSPLAY: The Series will also be gracing our event.
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: www.icdsg.com
Date: 26th Aug 2012
Time: 10 am to 8 pm
Venue: Ngee Ann Polytechnic Convention Center
Admission: $5 (profits from ticket sales go towards an educational fund for needy students)
- Panels: Our guests-of-honor will be sharing their experiences in the cosplay and ACG community with visitors in a variety of panels. Mr. Tablante will also be hosting his second cosplay photo exhibition in Singapore, as well as holding a shooting demo for cosplayers.
- anibee Ani-Song Competition: anibee will be holding it’s Ani-Song Competition finals at ICDS, so if you love singing, and think you’ve got the ‘golden voice’, consider checking this one out.
- Cosplay Competition: ICDS features a cosplay competition that celebrates the best in Eastern AND Western cosplay. Register your entry, and if you make the top 12, you’ll stand a chance to walk away with cash and a trophy, and impress our international guests at the same time! Check out our Competition FAQ here!
- Cosplay Catwalk: For those who are passionate about cosplay, but would prefer to simply showcase their costumes, there’s the Cosplay Catwalk, which is open to up to 100 participants. Do check out our Cosplay Catwalk FAQ here.
- Cosplay Chess: ICDS will also showcase Singapore’s 2nd Annual Cosplay Chess, and this year’s theme is East vs. West. See 32 cosplayers battle it out on stage in 2-hr long human chess based stage show, with choreographed moves and stunts that will surprise you. Look out for more information about our show soon!
- Artists’ Alley – A place for artists and artisans to gather, display their work, and sell their handmade pieces of art. If you’re an artist and you’re interested in getting a table, do check out our Artists’ Alley FAQ here.
- Vendor Booths – Vendors selling a variety of cosplay and pop-culture themed merchandise will be present to sell their products.
Check out the Official ICDS Facebook Page: International Cosplay Day Singapore (ICDS) | Facebook
Neo Tokyo Project on Facebook: The Neo Tokyo Project | Facebook